1969 TR-6 Inner Rockers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1969 TR-6 Inner Rockers
From: "David Sterrett (SA)" <Sterrett@ShenandoahAutomation.Com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:58:51 -0700

I have a 1969 TR-6 that I bought in 1989 and started to restore. I burned
out a few years back (as well as bought a house and
got married, etc, etc,) and have just now started working on her again.
(Thanks in part to inspiration from reading the list for the
first time in 6 years.).

I had bought a MIG Welder a few years back (Lincoln 100 AMP Weldpak) and
talked my brother into helping me weld in
new floor boards. When we did this we cut out the old floor board while
leaving a 1/4" lip around the edge so that we would have
a surface to lap weld the new floorboards to. The result of this are
floorboards which are slightly higher than the original.
No problem so far ... However, now I am trying to put in the inner rockers
and they sit higher than the outer sill (making the refitting
of the furflex questionable). I'm just wondering if anyone else has solved
this problem. I'm tempted to bend (but not cut) the new
inner rockers as to modify their curvature and "make them fit".  Would much
appreciate any suggestions, advice, or good curse words.

Thanks in advance,
Dave Sterrett