Re: TR3 Questions

To: fergie@ntplx.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Questions
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 17:59:28 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/18/99 10:07:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
fergie@ntplx.net writes:

<< 1) Anyone have a local source for TR3A front shocks (ok, ok...dampers)?
 NAPA, Sears, whatever? If so, where - and do you have the mfg and part
 number?
 Any of the big 3 should have.
 2) When adjusting the mixture on an SU, shouldn't it be possible to
 tighten (by turning clockwise) the jet adjusting nut? Mine carbs are
 running rich so I decided to make the attempt, but the nut just keeps
 turning without ever getting tight. What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like you are turning the jet collar along with the nut, or it's
already all the way up. As you turn the nut look closely at the brass tube it
threads on to. It is likely that both are spinning. If so you can try to hold
the tube with needlenose pliers while turning the nut but not easy with the
spring there. If really stuck you may have to pull the jet assembly out the
bottom and do surgery on the workbench.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B