Techron in TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Techron in TR6
From: kehrlich@dyax.com (Keith S. Ehrlich)
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 14:30:22 -0400
My 100K miler M-B driver was getting sluggish so I bought some Techron (
by Chevron) fuel additive on the advice of the MB list and Jag list and
figured, what the heck, I wonder what it might do to my TR6. So I dumped
half a bottle into a full tank of fuel ( one bottle per 22 US gallon of
fuel).

The difference in running after half a tank is really quite noticeable
and remarkable. Much smoother idle ( saying a lot for dual webers on a
block with uncertain past), smoother and more powerful acceleration and
most of the bubbling and burbling at steady speed or deceleration is
gone. I don't know how long this effect lasts or what is being effected
( carbs cleaner, valves cleaner, chipmunk poisoned?), but it sure is
working now. Sort of a poor man's valve job.

I realize there are valid criticisms of such fuel and oil additives like
Slick 50 and its ilk, but at the moment I've got to give credit to
Techron.  There is a fair amount of table pounding for this product over
on the M-B and Jag lists, even from the usual additive detractors.

Sincerely not meant to start an additive thread, believe me, just wanted
to pass on a positive experience to anyone who wondered about this stuff
or might be trying to settle a motor down a bit.

US$8 at your local auto shop, maybe less at a discounter.

YMMV, and I have no financial interest....

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6

PS I don't now how it's affecting the M-B since the TR6 is now more fun
than ever to drive, so the M-B is just sitting in the driveway  with the
tank still full of gas and Techron.