I need advice for my TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: I need advice for my TR6
From: Creigtrium@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 22:41:14 EDT
I have been in the process of rejuvenating my TR6 for several years now.  I
have finally got the car in generally good running condition except for a
miss at low RPM.  At low RPM (under 1500 sometimes up to 2000) I get a
sputter and miss particularly under power.  I have tried all range of
mixture, timing, and point dwell and the problem persists.
The following is the current mechanical condition of the car: I have done an
engine rebuild, but not the distributor.  All emission controls are in place.
 Standard carbs and exhaust are used.  I have a slightly modified cam; not
full race.  Compression has been increased to about 9.4:1.  Valves and seats
were reworked.  Original valve guides and rocker train were used.  I did a
pretty thorough rebuild of the carbs, doing everything except for the shafts
and throttle plates.  I have done most of the assembly work myself with
professional help when I needed it.  I am an amateur if that isn't already
obvious!  In other words, I have done what I think is right, but it cannot be
presumed that everything is right.
I have thought about electronic ignition, new rockers and shaft, and rebuilt
distributor.  Since these are relatively expensive investments I thought I
would get some advice before I proceed.
Thanks,
Creig Houghtaling
St. Louis, MO