Re: Question about product in Vicky Brit cat

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question about product in Vicky Brit cat
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:05:33 -0400
Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca wrote:

> Is anyone familiar with the Jamb-Tac wireless door jamb connetors that they
> sell (shown in the Spit and TR-6 catalogs where they have accesories
> pictured)?  Does anyone know if this product is carried eleswhere - such as
> radio shack.  The speaker wires running to the doors on my Spit bodied GT-6
> keep fatigueing and this looks like a viable solution.

These are quite common in the street-rod business.  They work very well,
provided you
can get two flat surfaces to match up where it is safe to cut into both door and
A-post to install.  Personally, I think just running wire in some sort of loom
is a
lot easier.  The contact sets come in a number of different terminal
arrangements,
etc.  Aside from somewhat tricky installation, the only other negative is that
the
accessory in the door won't work if the door is opened, so they can't be used
for
supplimental lighting, etc.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars