Re: Factory installed windscreens

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Factory installed windscreens
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:57:38 GMT
On 16 Jun 1999, Barry Schwartz wrote:

> He said that he was
> told that two people installed them and that while one person used the
> equivalent rope on the inside, another person "hammered" on the outside
> with what was described as an extremely large rubber mallet, to help seat
> the windscreen as the rubber was secured.

For us amateurs, who have so much more time at our hands for the
operation (and for wiping off the mess afterwards), it helps immensely
to lubricate the gasket with liberal amounts of washing-up liquid or
similar. In my experience, this helps the windshield slip into place with
the aid of some steady pressure by two pairs of flat hands from the
outside.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Mail:  Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway