Moss gasket set ?

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moss gasket set ?
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:24:37 -0700
As long as we're bashing our suppliers, has anyone actually bought the OD
transmission gasket set from Moss, P/N 693-000 ?

I called their sales department Saturday to ask what was in it (the catalog
indicates it has the same gaskets as the non-OD set), but I just don't
believe the answer I got.  IMO it's unlikely that they are selling the set
for $14.90, when the gaskets it contains sell for only $6.50.  The
explanation that "the set manufacturer sets the price" seems bogus.

BTW, you may recall several months ago I expressed my unhappiness that Moss
was marketing their spin-on oil filter adapter as "fits all TR2-4A", when
it in fact does not fit pre-TS12650E.  I got a nice e-mail from one of
their buyers, to the effect that "we've fixed that problem", but it seemed
obvious that he was talking about the Purolator vs Tecalemit issue, and not
the bypass vs full-flow issue.  He has never responded to my offer to meet
with him (or anyone technical) at Moss's headquarters in Goleta, to show
them the difference.

In all fairness, AFAIK TRF and VB do the same thing (incorrectly state the
adapter fits pre-TS12650E), it just happens that my experience was with
Moss.

Randall