Re: Color code for TR6 Steel Wheels?

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Color code for TR6 Steel Wheels?
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:18:56 -0700
I found an exact(yes, exact) match for steel wheels to the plastic silver
centers. I painted my steel wheels and did'nt have to paint the centers(which
were in great original shape) because the match was perfect. The spray paint is
by Duplicolor part# DE1650(I think) and called Cast Aluminum. Its medium
temperature rated so I put it on my stock steel valve cover as well(3000 miles
with no problem). I got bold and tried it on the header.....well better stick
to the wheels and valve cover, I needed some real high temp stuff for that.
Anyway, the wheels and valve cover have done well for 3K miles. You can get the
paint at Walmart for about $2.50.