Dash warning lights

To: <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Dash warning lights
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:04:52 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dave,

My 62 TR3B (TSF263) has only two warning lights.  They are side by side,
between the oil pressure and the fuel gages.  The red one is generator, and
the green one is turn signals.  Unlike modern cars, one lamp flashes for
both right and left turns.  I have no amber lamp, so that may have been
added by a (d?)po.

Sumner Weisman

My car had three warning lights on the dash; a green one centered along the
top line between the speedo and tach, a red one and an amber one on the
center instrument panel. I know the red one is my ignition warning lamp. I
had assumed the green one in the center to be the turn signal warning lamp,
but from the wiring diagram and all the pictures I've seen, it would appear
that the amber one on the center panel does this. So what is that green one
for --- or is it just another gentle reminder of what a nice job the DPO did
with this car.

Thanks,

Dave Moag
62 TR3B (inching closer)