re: Rocky Mt. run

To: "Frank Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Rocky Mt. run
From: "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 99 8:45:40 -0600
  The run over Trail Ridge to Grand Lake was awesome. The road was clear,
the sun was shining, the top was down and the snow drifts were 10' tall.
Some were even larger. We, that is those of us that had our tops down, got
plenty of strange looks. The best part was that the LBC's that had their
tops up were colder inside than the ones with their tops down. If you've
ever been in the mountains and felt the temperature drop 10-15 degrees when
a cloud covers the sun. You understand what I'm getting at.
  Before we entered Rocky Mountain National Park, we encountered some large
rocks that had fallen on to the roadside ( a common enough occurrence
around here ). One of them decided it was rather fond of my muffler. It
didn't fully separate the muffler though so we were able to repair it
rather quickly. Other than that, the only other casualty was my odometer.
It began operating in a sporadic nature. So it is time for a speedo
rebuild.
  After lunch in Grand Lake, most of the group returned to Fort Collins/
Loveland by Trail Ridge where they were met by a snow storm with high
winds. Resulting in multiple white outs. I chose a longer return route that
would make a loop back to Fort Collins instead of retracing our path. This
path took us over two other Mountain passes. Considerably lower though, 8,
500' and 10,200'. We only encountered high wind and some rain.  Overall it
was a very fun trip. It was an all day trip with the stop over for lunch.
If anyone would like more information. Please feel free to inquire.

Shawn
Original Text
From: "Frank Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>, on 6/11/1999 11:58 PM:
Shawn:
How was the 12000 ft+ run over Rocy Mountain National Park in the LBCs?
Got
a little snow up there?