TR3 Paint Color Decision

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Paint Color Decision
From: Jeff A Williamson <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 13:30 -0500
Hop-count: 1
O.K.  I'm fast approaching the point where I have to make a decision on paint
color for my '60 TR3. The car was originally Pale Yellow, But I've had the
frame and all the sheet metal dipped, so there is no trace of the old paint
now. This car will go up for sale as soon as I'm finished with it, so I want to
paint it in a marketable color, but also want to retain its value, assuming
that being the original color would increase the value. Three people that have
expressed interest in buying the car when I'm done, but none of them want to
commit at this stage, or I would paint it whatever color they want.

So what should it be, the original Pale Yellow, which doesn't seem to be a
popular color (although I think it looks great!), or something more popular and
marketable, like Signal Red or British Racing Green? Would the original color
really make it more valuable as opposed to another OEM color?

What do you think?

Jeff Williamson
Belleville, MI
'58 TR3A