Re: TR6 Drivers Floorpan (best price / vender)

To: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Drivers Floorpan (best price / vender)
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 23:08:46 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Kai Radicke wrote:

> Does anyone know of a supplier that has a TR6 drivers floor pan (new!) for
> less than $95?  Moss has them for $129.95 and that is way steep... which is
> what set me searching for someone lower, but $95 still seems high.

For $40 canadian I got a 4x8' sheet of 20ga sheet steel.  More than enough
in there to make new floors, rockers, you name it.

Of course, you have to be pretty handy with the welder, and the
tin-bashing tools, and it helps to be pretty big when wrestling with a
sheet of steel (watch those edges)

For the slighter of body, you can get smaller pieces, often at places like
Pep Boys / Canadian Tire, but you pay lots extra ($7 for 1x2 sheet, 24ga)

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm