Modifying TR6 engines??

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Modifying TR6 engines??
From: Todd Friar <tfriar@rapidnet.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 10:42:24 -0700
Hi,

I am fairly new to the list, and I'm living in the Vancouver area.  I've
owned a TR6 for about 3 years.

I am interested in increasing the power that the engine on my 76 TR6
develops.  I was thinking of installing  a set of SU carbs, electronic
ignition ect. Eventually (when I get the money) I was thinking of
getting a hotter cam and maybe even getting the head shaved to increase
the compression.  Has anyone out there done this type of modifications?
What were the results, and was it worth it?  I drive the car regularly,
so the modifications are not for racing.

On a side note,  I rebuilt the front and rear suspension using uprated
springs and nylon bushings, the rear was modified to use tube shock (TRF
kit). Now the car handles like a modern sports car, and if anyone is
thinking of doing this, I highly recommend it.

Todd.

tfriar@rapidnet.net