The Bad, The Good and the UGLY

To: tr <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Bad, The Good and the UGLY
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 12:43:45 -0400
The BAD...Well, the Connecticut DMV has imposed a slightly different
timetable on my summer than I had in mind. I knew I had some front end
problems with my "new" TR3A, but had hoped to enjoy it for the summer
and rebuild as necessary over the winter. WRONG! Way too loose for the
inspector's taste. Actually, he's right! 8^(.

The GOOD...It appears that the "only" front end work I need is new tie
rod ends and an idler arm plus silentblocs.

The UGLY...NEVER send a wire wheel novice to inspect splines! I'm told,
by someone who should know, that the splines on my wheels (my nice,
shiny chrome wires!) and hub extensions are toast! Shows how much I
know! Looks like I might be able to get by with new hub extensions for
awhile, but unless I plan to spend big bucks for new wheels soon, I
assume that's probably a waste of cash. Alternatives are Minilites (also
too expensive for the moment) or some used steel wheels.

QUESTIONS...

What's your collective opinion of replacing hub extensions only?

Anyone got a good set of five steel wheels? Preferrably with hub caps.
Lugs too, if ya got 'em. If so, please email off list to let me know
what you have, condition, price, etc. Perhaps, if anyone is planning to
attend British Cars By the Sea in CT this weekend, we could work
something out...I'll be there, wobbly wheels and all!

As always, I appreciate any help or suggestions anyone can offer.
Thanks.

--
Michael Ferguson
Vernon CT