Wanted -- TR6 top rear stiffener plate

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wanted -- TR6 top rear stiffener plate
From: Kenneth Streeter <streeter@bit-net.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 23:11:52 -0400

I am looking for a rear stiffening plate that is used
to attach the rear lower edge of the TR6 soft top to
the rear deck.  Does anybody have a spare one from
a parts car or the like that they would let go for
an excellent price?

The part I'm looking for is shown as 812832 (part GL6)
on page 457 (plate GL) of the TRF catalog, and part
118 (854-550) on page 45 of the Moss catalog (TRS-08).
I am looking for a spare one of these to be mounted on
the rear deck without the soft top in place, so that
I have a place to snap the tonneau cover down when I
have the soft top completely off the car.  (I take
the soft top completely off the car when I want to
be able to put my two boys in the back seat in moderate
comfort, but would still like to be able to mount the
tonneau for rain protection at night or the possible
afternoon thundershower...)

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org
'70 & '74 TR6 Daily Drivers

--
Kenneth Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@bit-net.com
24 Grey Rock Road        | Phone: 603-471-0650