Re: Moss "mild comp" spring feedback

To: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: Moss "mild comp" spring feedback
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 22:50:12 -0400
Message text written by Jerry Oliver
>Tony.. could you explain for those of us (me) that don't know, how the
camber&castor is adjusted in 4A IRS? Jerry.<

I am not sure of the castor adjustment on the IRS.  I think it might not be
adjustable....

The camber is adjusted by moving the pivot point on the mounting brackets.
Instead of
redrilling them, you can buy them with different hole locations.  THere
are 3 variations that I know of.  One notch, two notch and 3 notch.  They
can be mounted notch up and notch down, to make 6 possible mounting points for
each bracket location.  Then by using a combination of these 6 for each of the
two mounting points gives 36 possible combinations, with probably 6 of them
effectively being duplicate.

The toe-in is adjusted by adding/removing spacers behind the brackets.

Lots of combinations.  Somebody listed all the combinations and their effects
here on the list.  Check out the FAQ list.

-Tony