TR6 wheel centers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 wheel centers
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 21:04:03 -0700
Listers:

I was just flipping through some photos of my TR, and stumbled on a photo
that was taken on the very day that I bought it. (July of 1986)

It brought a question to mind about the plastic TR6 wheel center caps.
When I bought my 1973 TR6, it had BLACK center caps.  I eventually removed
what was left of the black paint and painted them silver.  I like the
appearance of the silver centers over the black, but I'm curious... when
did the change occur from black to silver?  I would have thought that a '73
SHOULD have silver wheel centers.  I would expect that since so many other
major changes in the TR6 model occured in 1972, including many trim
changes, this change would have taken place in that year as well.

Any opinions?

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6