Re:

To: tom_winslow@email.msn.com
Subject: Re:
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 06:24:00 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/31/99 10:15:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tom_winslow@email.msn.com writes:

<< A local British car repair shop sent my JAEGER tach and Speedo out to be
 rebuilt. The cost for both was about $275. I still have the same problem
 that I had before the rebuild. The tach will be rock solid for a while and
 then it will start jumping + or - 500 rpm - like one of those drinking
 birds. The only problem that I had with the speedo was that the trip
 odometer would not reset. Once the rebuild was installed, it reset one
 time - and now it will no longer reset.

 Should these instruments function as new once they are properly rebuilt? I
 am not sure what I should expect. >>

I would try a different cable on the tach, this could have been the problem
all along. The speedo sounds like a warrantee issue.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4