Clarification - Re: TR3B seats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clarification - Re: TR3B seats
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:14:18 -0500
Greetings listers;

To those of you following this thread, after deliberation with Andy and
Brad, I retract a portion my original statement.

The "dents" Andy is talking about are large, squarish indentations in the
center of the bottom of the pan. My TCF series TR3B does NOT have the dents.

Whew... That's all I needed, more things for people to criticize...   ;-)

>Andy,
>
>I have no way of knowing for sure if the seats that came with my car are
original. I think they are, FWIT.

>The seat pans in TCF1927 have the "dents." BTW, can't we come up with a
better name for the this, like indentations, or pressed channels, or ???
Seems my car has plenty of flaws without saying the seat pans have dents!
;-)

>The tattered remains of seat covering WAS Black Vynide, and that was
confirmed by the BMIHT build certificate.

>At 11:43 AM 2/27/99 -0500, Andrew Mace wrote:
>>
>>Quick question for owners of original TR3B models:
>>
>>Does your car have the TR3A seats, with the flat bottom pan, or does it
>>have the early TR4 seats, with that extra "dent" in the bottom pan?
>>
>>And does anyone have original leather faced seats in a TR3B, or were most
>>all of them vinyl?
>>
>>Perhaps responses should include commission numbers, just in case some
>>sort of pattern develops! :-)

 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 Stag MkI       Getting Sorted Out
 TR3B           Driver
 TR250 X 3      The BIG Project - Will Be Worth the Wait
 Homepage       http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/