Re: carpet set

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Subject: Re: carpet set
From: Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 12:33:14 +0100
Date sent:              Sat, 27 Feb 1999 21:41:19 -0600 (CST)
To:                     triumphs@autox.team.net
From:                   Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Subject:                carpet set
Send reply to:          Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>

> Bought a carpet set and am wondering how the sill pieces go on.  The long
> strip of carpet for the inside sill area has a short section of vinyl sewed
> to it.  It is supposed to go along the door area I think.  I cannot figure
> out why it is there.  Does the vinyl part go inside under the floor carpet,
> or outside and fits over the sharp edge with fuzzy door seal clamped over
> it??  Can anyone help?
>               Gary, Frances Nafziger
>               Wellman, Iowa

Hello Gary,
I recently replaced the carpets in my TR6 , I guess you speek
about TR6 interior,and yesterday I replaced the furflex door seals.
The overhanging vinyl parts go over the joining line of the outer and
inner door sills.First glue the long carpet part to tht inner sill, do not
apply glue to the vinyl part at this stage,after that when dry
measure the vinyl part to fit over the sill edges with the outside not
lower than the door seal,mostly the vinyl is wider than
necessary,cut the vinyl to fit and glue it in place.It will help to hold
the door seal in place when hitting it while boarding the
car.Carefully check the furflex as the clamps become damaged
when removing.
Good luck and regards
Jean R from Europe
1970 TR6PI