Re[2]: TR6: Engine Pulling

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: TR6: Engine Pulling
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:50:13 -0500
If you can pull the tranny without taking the engine out, then you can certainly
go the other way and pull the engine out without taking the tranny out.  To do
either one though requires you to pull seats, carpet, dash support bracket,
tranny cover, and assorted other things.  And provide some support to the one
you're leaving in.

Once you've got all of that stuff out the question becomes; do I want to take
out the 16 nuts and bolts holding the tranny and engine together (which either
takes two people or the mental powers of Uri Geller to hold the wrench on the
bolt from the other side of the firewall...OK I'm exaggerating and I have done
it alone but it's not easy).... OR do I want to just remove the 4 bolts at the
flange and the bolts on the mounting bracket that are sitting right in front of
me .  If you're pulling the engine the easy thing to do is remove the four bolts
and the bolts on the mounting bracket and pull the engine with the tranny
attached.  If you're just pulling the tranny then there is no easy way and you
have to remove the 4 bolts on the flange, the bolts on mounting bracket and the
16 on the bellhousing.

It's a bit of a challenge to get a tranny back onto an engine that's in the car,
 I can only imagine the maneuvering that it would take to get an engine mated
back to a tranny that's in the car.

I understood the origins of this thread to be a question that boiled down to:
"Can I pull the engine without pulling the tranny and without pulling out the
interior."  And I think the answer to that is no.  But I could be wrong about
that too.

Bud
71TR6 CC57365
71TR6 CC65446