Re: POR-15

To: Jack Brooks <brooks@belcotech.com>
Subject: Re: POR-15
From: Martin Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:15:17 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jack Brooks wrote:

> Listers,
>
> I'm considering POR-15 for my engine paint, inside as well as outside.  The
> folks at POR-15 say it's fine, although they want me to use their cleaners
> on the inside, even though it's been blasted clean.  I'm going to use either
> POR-15 or a good, high gloss engine paint.
>
> I'm curious if anyone has used POR-15 on a block before.  Also, does anybody
> know of, or experienced, any downsides, heat retention, anything???
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack Brooks
> TS69032L
> Hillsdale, NJ
> My car show: http://pages.hotbot.com/family/triumph

Jack:

This is strictly an IMHO, but I wouldn't use this stuff on a block.
For one thing, you would be making pretty much an irreversible decision
on your color choice, and the block will possibly outlive the subjectivity of
that decision.  Secondly, common sense indicates to me
that the POR-15 will retain more heat than an engine enamel; nor will you
enjoy the process of putting it on.

If you do your surface prep correctly, use a good engine enamel, and keep it
clean,
you'll be happy w/it for many days.

--
Martin Secrest