Re: Compressor problem

To: jack@cocoinc.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Compressor problem
From: Lftlesl@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:28:26 EST
In a message dated 2/21/99 7:09:49 PM Central Standard Time, jack@cocoinc.com
writes:

<< It would reach atbout 50 psi
 then go hmmmmmmmmmm then it would trip the fuse. I tried a few outlets all
 the same. Being a beautiful day and determined to work on the car I rented
 one from Home Depot only to find it would not run at all, tripping the fuse
 as soon as it started. Is this common with 110 compressors?, what do most of
 you use? 110? 220? gas? >>
Jack-
I've had the same breaker-tripping problem with my 5HP compressor (110 volts).
I minimize it by unplugging everything else on the circuit -- we can live
without the toaster, microwave, etc. for a few hours . Also make sure you plug
the compressor directly into the socket -- don't use an extension cord. With
these precautions, I can get through an afternoon using the compressor with
only a couple of trips to the breaker box.
Cheers,
Les Landon
1962 TR3B TCF644L
Baton Rouge, LA