Re: Triumph TR-6 gearbox question

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph TR-6 gearbox question
From: Stephen Benelisha <here@best.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:26:30 -0800
Had the same 2nd gear problem with my '74 (TR6). Considering the the way
it felt on the freeway (Rev too high), my solution was to find a OD
Trans, which I did. After searching around, I found a shop that imports
J-type OD Trans units from the UK, rebuilds and tests them and
warrantees them  (3 month I think). I ordered one from them and just
picked it up from the trucking depot last week! It looks like a clean,
shiny brand new unit. I could not be happier - well I'd be happier if I
had it installed already and I was driving the car now.

  From them, I also bought all the bits to complete the conversion
(Switch, etc.). Total was $1500 US. I thought it reasonable price for a,
hopefully, low risk upgrade.

I have no financial interest in this shop, so far they delivered as
promised. I'll let you know what happens when I get it on line.

The URL to these boxes is : http://www.mindspring.com/~aiap/recon.htm

BTW:
  Can anyone recommend a good paint/body shop in the Ventura County
California area for doing TR paint work?

Steve
'74 TR6
Ojai, Ca.