Re: TR3A floor pan rust

To: Paul Schneider <schneidr@mc.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A floor pan rust
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 18:06:46 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Paul Schneider wrote:

> 2) MIG weld them closed (try to at least)

Or, if you can, 2a) braze them closed.  If you've got a brazing kit it
will be easier to braze the metal than weld it.  Or, if you're feeling
churlish, weld them using the torch (I did.  About 50% success; many of
them had to be "patched" with little bits of steel, others could just be
welded up)

I used oxy-acetylene instead of MIG.  Wish I had a MIG, tho...

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm