Re: TR3A firewall body number poll

To: Gbouff1@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3A firewall body number poll
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 13:08:48 -0800
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Gbouff1@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Listers,
>
> On the fire wall of every TR3 are two brass tags one is a 6 or 7 digit
> bodyshell number, the other is a plate that starts with the letters "EB" and
> is followed by numbers that are close but probably higher than the actual
> commission number.  According to Bill Piggott's book on triumphs there are no
> records of this number or of it's purpose.
>
> My problem is that the "EB" number on my car is missing.  The fact that the
> number is close to, but slightly higher than the commission number may help me
> in determining the number on my car.  The request that I make to the list is
> to forward me your COMMISSION number and "EB" number preferably those close to
> my commission number TS 58399.  Armed with this information I should be able
> to interpolate the exact or close to the exact number for my car.
>
> Also, if enough of you think it worthwhile, I will compile the list of names
> and numbers for the list.  If you don't want your numbers or name shared
> please say so.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Gary Bouffard
> 59 TR3A   TS58399

Not sure what the pattern is here (I suspect there IS no pattern), but I
have two parts cars, numbers as follows:

TS65633L   EB63641   Difference: 1992
TS73556L   EB72063   Difference: 1493

The differences here are considerably larger than George Richardson's
"27". So make up a number - I won't tell the judges if you won't. 8^)
--
Michael Ferguson
Vernon CT