RE: Doubling the fleet-Stag -Reply -Reply

To: ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com
Subject: RE: Doubling the fleet-Stag -Reply -Reply
From: "Steven McCutcheon" <Steven.McCutcheon@MAH.GOV.ON.CA>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 16:18:07 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Greg:  Unfortunately my Stag does not have A/C.  The car came from Texas just
about 3 years ago but then again maybe thats why it survived with the original
engine (that and just 42,000 original miles).  It is a manual 4 speed and did
not have a hard-top (at least thats what the DPO told me).  As with all
aluminum head cars it is my feeling (or my .02) that they are durable and
reliable only so long as you take care of them.  I check fluid levels very
frequently and I had the rad flushed and inspected when I first started my
rebuild.  5,000 miles later and the addition of non-original electronic
ignition and the car runs beautifully!  While we don't get the season you get
in the south, our summers can be very hot and humid and so far no probs (touch
wood)..  S.Mc.