RE: TR 256

To: "'Hutmacher, Greg '" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>, "''Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov' '" <Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov>
Subject: RE: TR 256
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:31:45 -0000 charset="windows-1252"
Cc: "''Triumphs List' '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
 excellent, I want one!

Gernot

-----Original Message-----
From: Hutmacher, Greg
To: 'Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov'
Cc: 'Triumphs List'
Sent: 04/02/99 16:40

Just off the top of my head, I would think it would be a straightforward
swap.  The TR250, first off, already had the TR6 engine, so clearance
shouldn't be an issue.  I would not use TR4 panels just in case there
may
have been a slight change in sheetmetal between the TR4 and the 250 to
accommodate the 6 cylinder engine.  My understanding from reading my
TR250/6
history is that Karmann was required to use the existing TR250 inner
body
tub and chassis when he designed the TR6.  The only changes to
sheetmetal he
was allowed was the front clip and rear clip.  Therefore, I would guess
that
the TR250 front clip would attach perfectly to the TR6 tub and frame.
Anybody know anything different?  That car would certainly be an
attention
getter at Triumph meets.  Whatever else you can say about it, it would
be
unique.  :-)