RE: MONZA EXHAUST SOLUTION!...?

To: lukehart@mis.net
Subject: RE: MONZA EXHAUST SOLUTION!...?
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:04:07 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I'm wondering how much space there is when the pipes are located there:
won't there be reduced clearance as the pipe comes under the rear quarter
panel, or am I getting the wrong mental picture? Aesthetically, the car
would also appear quite odd-looking to me. The symmetry of the pipes when
viewed from behind (arguably the best view of a TR6, and one which MG
drivers are most familiar :-)) would be lost. Tossing in my .02 at this
time, what are people's opinions of ANSA vs Monza exhausts? I have an unused
set which came off a parts car I bought (poor devil never got the engine
going again!), and intend to replace my rusty, crappy ol' Monzas. One club
member has them on his car, and I prefer their sound to the 'Batmobile'
sound I have now. Comments?