Re: Need Touchup Valasquez Cream

To: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Need Touchup Valasquez Cream
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 16:16:52 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tony Rhodes wrote:

> Hi all, I need touch up paint for my TR4A.  It was originally Spa White,
> but is now
> some off white-ivory color.  What is my best move to get some touch-up
> paint.
>
> Should I take it somewhere and have them read the paint on the car with
> their
> machine, then make a small batch.  Maybe my paint is now "Valasquez Cream=
> ".
> The paint now on the car is definitely a respray.  I doubt it is the exac=
> original
> "spa white" which I would imagine as a very white colored white, not the
> clearly ivory color on it now.
>
> WHat is the least expensive way to go?  I could see spending $10 or so
> on the chance it will match to avoid spending a big bunch on a small amou=
> nt
> of paint that will definitely match.
>
> All suggestions of how to proceed and the expected cost will be
> appreciated.
>
> -Tony

Tony, if you want a good match don't count money, look at the paint and
take it to a supply house (Dupont etc) and have it computer matched.
Eastwood sells some very neat touch-up containers that you pour your
paint into, then install the felt tip and do the job right. It only cost
a few dollars more to do it right the first time. Just my .02  "FT"