TR6 Sway bar on TR4

To: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>, TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Sway bar on TR4
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 09:23:59 -0500
Brad Kahler writes:

>Listers,

>I have the opportunity to pick up a TR6 sway bar assembly.  Will the TR6
>sway bar fit a TR4 front end?  The TR4 has the real early type suspension
>components as used on the TR3.  Even if it does fit is it worth putting on
>the car.  Will it improve the handling enough to make it worth while?

>TIA

>Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
>My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 12/3/98)

Brad,

I put an Addco sway bar on my TR4 - BW (before Wreck) - but that was
many years ago.  As I remember, there is no place to attach the frame
attachments unless they just happen to line up with the bumper
brackets.  The Addco bar was designed to attach to these bumper
brackets.  On the TR6 there is a full width pan to which the sway
bar is attached and you might need to fabricate something like
that.  The A-arm attachment brackets should work fine, however.

Good luck.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA

P.S. I have two (maybe three) sway bars hanging from a nail
in my garage attic.  The whereabouts of the other parts is
unknown.