Re: Scale TR6 Models

To: Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.ca
Subject: Re: Scale TR6 Models
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 14:17:34 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

With regard to Triple-C and We-B-Toyz - the models appear to be the very
same models. I have a few - I should know. Interestingly, the boxes at
Toys-R-Us are "British Motor Heritage", but the models thenselves have
markings for ERTL.

Oh, and I found a few strange casting details... you see these things
when/after you do a frame up. One obvious one is that the body mount bolts
are grouped as 3 and 4 bolts on each side by the A and B posts
respectively. This should be 4 and 3 to be 100% accurate.

Don't get me wrong, I love these models. In fact, I might buy a few more
and "customize" them to look like my TR6's. First I have to finish the new
one, but it could be fun! Now, where do I find American Racing 4 spoke
wheels in 1/18th scale?? They have to be easier to find that the real thing.

B-Bye,
rml
TR6's Real and Scale