Miata owners (uh-oh)

To: Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Miata owners (uh-oh)
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 20:21:38 -0500
Hi all;

Not to start a "Miata thread" or anything, buuuut, I was reading the new
issue of 'Automobile' magazine last night and they had an article about
the "overly enthusiastic" Miata club in Houston. THey have dyno days
where these club members all meet to have their MX-5 (Miatas) tested for
horsepower after modification. What a laugh! Most of these
techno-weenies have invested at least $5,000 just on engine mods in an
attempt to get 200 horsepower out the 4 cyl Miata engine. I mean turbo
charging, super-charging, the whole gamut. New programmable ECUs.
Sheesh.  And you thought the British car hobby was funny. These guys are
way gone. A lot of them have electronic G-force meters installed in
their cars.  Talk of Miata owners waxing the inside of their trunk
(boot) because they are convinced that they car will be worth a lot of
money someday.....

Waiting for some quality garage time,

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6