TR3A wiring

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3A wiring
From: Tom Bottman <tbotts@mail.vii.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 16:36:21 -0700
Have so far been a silent reader of the list, but now need some
advise/information. Am reassembling my TR3A (2 years apart), and have
found two wiring unknowns.
FIRST, there is a black wire, connected to a grounding terminal, coming
out of both front sub-harnesses that lead down to the headlights.
Question is where they bolt on to the body, and does anything else plug
into the second socket on each?
SECOND-according to the wiring diagrams, there should be four wires
running up the stator tube to the control head. Problem is that that
harness has been opened right at the steering box, and the green/white
wire does not go up the tube. It had obviously been changed on purpose,
but I can no longer remember if it was connected to something, or just
left dangling. So, should the other end of that green/white be
disconnected at the "horn junction". Two wires on the opposite side of
the car (at the other "horn junction") have always been disconnected.
Again, back 2 years ago, before I took things apart, all the electricals
worked. So, any clue as to what modification was made, why, and how to
put all back into working order.
Thanks, Tom Bottman