Re: TR6 - Front Suspension

To: TR Newsgroup <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 - Front Suspension
From: Gary Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 17:46:20 -0500
Thanks to the reply's from John Lye, Brian Johnson and Jim Atlman.  The
majority vote was that the more curved member goes towards the front of the
car (funny how other curved things in life work this way, too.)  This
configuration provides an offset at the top, thus giving the castor angle.

How I got into this prediciment was by accident, meaning, I'd only planned
redoing one side at a time.  Upon disassembly of the driver's front side, I
noticed a cracked weld between the rear wishbone mount and its forward
strengthening plate.  I suspect that this occurred when the car was hit on
that wing during ownership by a PO.  The crack was completely hidden from
view until I'd removed the lower wishbone.  At this point, I'd decided to
inspect the passenger side and proceeded to disassemble it for inspection
before calling in a welder.  In the meantime, I'd forgotten.

As it turned out, I'd mounted the components in the suggested orientation
but it didn't look right so I thought I'd ask the list.  Thanks for the
assistance guys.

Gary
'75 TR6
Digest