Re: GT6 & TR6 clutch parts comparison

To: Isaac Crow <isaac@avana.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 & TR6 clutch parts comparison
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 14:28:08 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>Does anyone know if the clutch parts in a TR6 are the same as the GT6?
>I am trying to determine if the "Magic Clutch" will work in the GT6, if
>some parts are the same, or if it would be possible to make up a similar
>"kit" for the GT6.
Hate to disappoint ya, but the two are entirely different, more like a
bigger Spitfire unit than a TR type, except the "fork" pivots on a ball
type pedestal sort of in the middle instead of at the end as in the
Spitfire.  But why would you need to change it, I have never experienced
any problems with mine?

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (someday soon back on the road)