Re: Determining front end conditon

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com
Subject: Re: Determining front end conditon
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 14:53:30 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> TRF is having a big sale on TR4 parts and all the high dollar items for my
>  TR4 are about half price.  Problem is I've not been able to drive the car
so
>  don't really know what shape the existing components are in.  Is there a
>  way to test, such as wigglying or shaking that I can use to determine whats
>  good or bad.  The car is on jack stands and won't be back on its wheels for
>  quite some time yet.  Any help would be appreciated.

Brad, check the flexible joints (TRF part number 150696).  If dry or cracked-
replace them.  Safety and handling are the reasons.  If you do replace them
also replace the horn grounding straps that go through them and get new bolts,
nuts and LOCKING WIRES.  I did this on mine about three years ago.

Also check the rubber bellows at the ends of the steering rack.  If cracked or
dry replace. Cheers.

Art