Re: Why I drive classic cars

To: "Byron N. Brashears" <brashears@hughes.net>
Subject: Re: Why I drive classic cars
From: Ken Bertschy <kentop@dakotacom.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:36:45 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>Here here. My question is how come anyone would drive anything else?

Exactly. In my younger days I did those same car maintenance chores on old
beaters I bought second-hand. When I got married, my wife drove a 65
corvair monza for crissakes. Talk about a rolling hobby. The motor alone in
that car was a never ending honey-do list.  When I drove the monza, people
felt sorry for me. Driving the Triumph, people wave at me!  Corvairs
cornered like pigs in slop. It was a car that drove like a land yacht,
without the room.  Nothing can beat that british sports car feel.