TR6 Carbs (& other misc ?'s)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Carbs (& other misc ?'s)
From: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com (The Romagni's)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 20:01:33 -0400
Fellow Listers,

One of my usual end of year maintenance steps involves looking at the
plugs. I was suprised to find the back 3 plugs blackened with soot
(front 3 look great). Not wanting to mess anything up so late in the
year, the only thing I did was to ensure the choke was opening
completely (it was). I'm perplexed as to the cause and more important
the remedy. Is a rebuilt in order or can I adjust just that back carb?

The car is a 74 with the EGR and other Uncle Sam mandated equipment
removed. The car has run great the two years that I've owned it. I have
the timing advanced, pertonix ignitor, fresh ignition parts, Lucas Sport
coil and am running Bosch Platinum plugs. I can't tell of the carb's
have ever been rebuilt, receipts do not go back that far! I think the
car has over 150K on the clock.

Looking ahead to the winter tasks, I want to paint the air cleaner and
valve cover. What advice do you who "been there, done that" have for me?
I got the recent Eastwood catalog and noticed that there was some flat
silver/Argent color paint that looks like it might work.

Finally, I'm also looking to paint the intake manifold but don't want to
take it off the car. Is this possible? What suggestions do you have for
paint, tips, do's don'ts, etc.???

TIA

Marty Romagni
74 TR6