Re: REBUILD

To: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: REBUILD
From: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 08:33:31 -0400 (EDT)
I think the wet-liners complicate it somewhat.  You've probably got a lot
of rust and other crud surrounding them, so when when you remove them
(which is a chore) you have to clean around them with great care (which is
a chore).  I also had trouble finding a shop willing to bore out
wet-liners--they're too afraid the liners will shift while getting
machined.  So, in comparison to other overhead valve four-bangers (like
in an MG) the TR2-4 engine is more of a hassle.

John Middlesworth