Re: TR4 turn signal switch

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: TR4 turn signal switch
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 00:32:12 -0700
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hey McGuyver,

Hah! I thought about wood (and plastic, and grinding down/drilling a
billet of mild steel or aluminum, even that cold weld stuff from the
auto store), but ended up with knurled aluminum when I noticed the
handle of one of my "dentist" tools was just about what I was looking
for. Besides, you've got a wood dash. Mine is painted

Popped the "dentist" tool in the vise, yanked out the steel tip, drilled
it out to fit tightly, cut to size, rounded & finished the end... then
tapped it in place... no epoxy required!

Approx. 30 minutes start to finish.

You've got to be creative when you own a TR! The car brings out the best
in all of us! Especially when you get tired of trying to find that stub
of a lever to let the world know which way you're going!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602

P.S. I haven't figured out where I can use the steel tip from the
"dentist" tool, yet. Any ideas? I hate to waste it.

--
MZ