TR4 cost spreadsheet

To: sanborn@net1plus.com
Subject: TR4 cost spreadsheet
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:01:06 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Brian,

..."just stop".  My experience is that in a large enough basket of goodies
you will find a relatively smalltolerance between suppliers.  My own
experience on a TR6 project was TRF cheapest, most expensive was VB.  If
Moss was 100, TRF was 98 and VB was 102.

Much "MUCH" more important is the fact that you will spend at least twice
as much as you planned unless you are VERY VERY anal about your restoration
planning (and good luck if you are, I wish I was).  Some refer to it as
shipwright's disease.  Service is ultra important when you are on a big job
- there WILL be defective parts, wrong shippments, back orders etc. no
matter who you deal with.  My last job I subcontracted the parts orders out
to my local Moss biased guy and let him deal with these problems.  This
left me much more time and frustration quotient to deal with actually
installing the parts - not fighting with UPS or a vendor over long distance.

Either way,  good luck with the project and if you do get ambitious enough
to finish the spreadsheet, please let us know.

Dave Terrick
69 GT6+ (no, really guys, I do) - you at VTR know what I'm talking about
65 TR4a

Dave Terrick
69 GT6+
Winnipeg