Re: Mystery pin/clutch-gearbox?(2)

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Mystery pin/clutch-gearbox?(2)
From: Andy <adixon@loudoun.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 18:50:11 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>, bill <triumph1@nr.infi.net>, triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Date-warning: Date header was inserted by idalee.loudoun.com
Stu,
Is this one of the two pins that fit in the fork and holds the throw-out
bearing
in place?
You said the throw out bearing fell out when you removed the tranny. one of
the pins could have fallen out too. These may even look D-shaped as you
look at the end. I know mine where and were reducing the throw of the
clutch. Mr. cheap here just turned them around.
Andy D.

On 07/23/98 10:44 PM William Davies said...

>Hi,
>    I haven't followed this thread, but that pin sounds like one of the
gearbox locating dowels from the
>engine backplate - but I know little technical stuff about TRs, they're
certainly on Heralds and Spitfires