TR3A Generator- rebuild or replace?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3A Generator- rebuild or replace?
From: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com (Kinderlehrer's)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 00:28:44 -0400 (EDT)
Well I was wrong again.  Started to fool around with the voltage regulator
last night and found that if I closed the cut-off contact manually, the
light would go off.  Tried adjusting it, but that did no good at all, so I
put a new voltage regulator in and now it's charging like a banshee. I'll
hold onto the brushes I bought for when I have tiome to pull the generator
and replace the belt.

BTW, I was paranoid a about getting teh wires switched and there was not
enough room to replace 1 at a time.  So I made little wire tags with a
dynamo label maker and wrapped them around the wires as I dismanteled them.
I will leasve them on permanantly just in case. Maybe this is an old trick,
but it's the first time I thought of it.

Bob

Thanks all for your help,

Bob