Re: Where can I get Vandervell bearings???

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Where can I get Vandervell bearings???
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 13:39:30 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Philip E. Barnes wrote:

> "I tried The Roadster Factory and they only had AE."
>
> A few years ago Charles went on at length about how great Vandervell
> bearings are and how he'd stock nothing but them.

And I'll throw my $.02 in here.... I just recently ordered from TRF
because of their claim to carry only Vandervell bearings - I even paid
extra for air shipment to get the car back on the road.  Of course, when
they arrived...they were AE Glacier bearing shells!  Unfortunately, no
time to gripe, as I wanted to get back on the road for the Fourth of
July activities.  Ironically, I could have gone across town and picked
up in-stock AE shells for the same price, and NO shipping costs!

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6
1970 Spitfire