2.5 PI estate

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 2.5 PI estate
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:17:51 +0100
Hi Folks,
looked at the above metioned object of my desire at the weekend.
It is claimed to have a reconditioned engine (we all know what that can
mean, as the owner is unable to present a receipt, I will not take it
overtly into consideration) a rebuilt BW66(as above), new brakes and a
new metering unit. Now all that stuff came in like 9 years ago and the
car has been laid up for 8 of that. The guy was complaining about the
metering unit, and I suspect that he didn't put it in properly, i.e. its
not adjusted. The car needs some welding to the front floor panels, some
other minor welding, the rear wheel arches are shot and the boot lid as
well. Interior is pretty good, wants a respray vinyl roof is good. I
offered the guy 200 ukp, any comments?