Re: New Toy

To: Phil Pattengale <philpatt@net-link.net>
Subject: Re: New Toy
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 11:02:53 -0400 ()
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Phil Pattengale wrote:

> The wildest part is the colour of the exterior...  It's Ice Blue.  And,
> to make matters more difficult for me as I attempt to restore it to it's
> original glory.  It had an Ice Blue top too!  So, what color is Ice
> blue.  Anyone have a reference number?  This is the first time I've ever
> seen that color referenced in regards to a TR2 or TR3.

This was one of those early colors, along with Geranium and Olive Yellow,
that apparently proved rather unpopular. As I recall, MVC575, the Jabbeke
prototype, was finished in Ice Blue. A picture of a K&R model of that car
is at <http://www.KandR.mcmail.com/TR2RAC.htm>. This might give you some
idea of that color.

I don't know how closely the "hood" color would correspond with the paint
color, but it's probably fairly close. What color was the trim (interior),
as given on the Certificate?

--Andy