Re: re Rocker Arm Feed Kit

To: "Trevor Jordan" <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au>
Subject: Re: re Rocker Arm Feed Kit
From: "Chris Leah" <crl@intekom.co.za>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 09:29:32 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Trevor,
I checked with Evan Powell who gave me the original advice and he says the
banjo bolt is a standard item usually available from people who deal in
hydraulic components. He also says that the diameter does vary as there are
different types available. I haven't looked for them as I modified the one I
had.
It would appear that Moss et al are not particularly worried about the
volume of oil going to the rockers, but on reflection it makes sense to me
to keep the flow down. After all, the idea is to ensure that oil reaches the
rockers as soon as you start your engine then the normal oil flow should
come into operation.
Evan's main concern, as I posted in my original mail, was the possible
diversion of too much oil from the main bearings , etc via the original oil
passages.
Best regards
Chris Leah
Durban, South Africa