Re: Rear Brake Plumbing

To: "Gano, Ken" <kengano@advant.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Brake Plumbing
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 09:37:57 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hi Ken,

Sorry you had the problem.  I have a Girling system, and the fittings were
exactly correct.  Moss even supplied the copper washers.  The end that
connects to the brake pipe has a flat seat, and that's the end where the
copper washer goes.   A nut (supplied) mounts the hose to a bracket welded
to the car at that point.  I used anti-seize compound on all connections.
It's all installed and working perfectly -- no leaks.

I wouldn't mess with adapters.  Call Moss and see what's wrong.  If they
sent you the wrong part, they'll be glad to exchange it, and will give you
a return authorization number.  You paid your money, and you should get the
right parts.

Sumner

----------
> From: Gano, Ken <kengano@advant.com>
> To: sweisman@gis.net
> Subject: RE: Rear Brake Plumbing
> Date: Saturday, June 20, 1998 9:12 PM
>
> Sumner:
>
> I ordered those braided lines from Moss.  The package was marked TR3, but
> each of the hoses had the  wrong end.  It was taper rather than the flat
> seat the Girling system takes.  Does your TR3 have Girling or Lockheed
> brakes?  Did you have any similar problem?  If so, do you know where I
can
> buy an adapter?
>
> kengano@advant.com
> downstate illinois
> 1959 TR3A TS57756L
> 1958 Model 10 Sedan TBE9239LDLB

TRF,
> > but
> > > the fitting (at least in the front) were right and the length looked
OK.
> > > Now I believe I have the wrong pipes.  Some of the other items in
that
> > box
> > > were marked Jaguar, so there is a fair chance these are the wrong
pipes.
> > > Anyway, I ordered rears today.  I have been using steel as that's
what I
> > > thought I had, but if it turns out the whole is wrong, I will
probably
> > > replace the whole shooting match with a set of ss from classic
tubing.
> > At
> > > least they are pre-bent.
> > >
> > > Again, thanks again for your help.