re: Not Happy

To: cameron@enterprise.net
Subject: re: Not Happy
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:15:41 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

The reason that we-all have so many TR's (us in the 'states, that is) is
because you folk sent most of 'em over here in the first place...

FWIW, I have a RHD TR6, CR1871UO out in the barn right now. It's body tub is
to be used as a project car, and due to circumstances beyond my control,
this body will have to be configured to become a LHD car.

Now I know this sounds like sacrilige (sp?), but I looked for a shell for
two years and this was the best I could find. My other two donors are
incredibly "nasty" and it would take thousands of $$$ and hundreds of hours
to salvage them, so it just is not worth it.

And if we try sending them back to England, the cost is prohibitively high
also. Last time I checked, it was around $600 or more to send a car to
England - if you add that to a purchase cost of $400 for a body and another
$500 or more for a good frame, by the time it gets over your way, your more
than halfway to getting a new frame and body shell from Heritage.

I might suggest that, at least as far as getting a body and frame for your
project, that you buy a new Heritage shell and frame. That way, you'll have
a great foundation for your car.

The rest of the stuff is pretty easy to come by, given enough time and money.

Good luck!
rml
TR6's